Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Reflections





I've been doing a lot of thinking lately. And no, not only about which of the 20 or so chapters of economics I will be reading next. No, I've been spending a lot of time poring through photography blog archives. There's nirrimi (just a little older than me! :O ), the photodiarist, and a variety of other insanely talented photographers I've found at shoot for your life

And i think it's what i want to do for the rest of my life.

Also, this is my first edited photo! I used to take the easy (and lazy) way out and pride myself on having not edited any of my photos, but I now think it's something I should familiarize myself with. I know what tone is! I guess all those watercolours art classes I took as a kid have been of some use.

Oh, and I use a canon powershot S5 IS (pictured above) with the 6-72 mm lens it comes with. But I will be getting a dslr, most probably a canon eos rebel T2i, as an after boards gift. Can't wait!  :D

The photo is a reflection on the glass door of a mostly empty book shelf. The vague red and gold things are trophies and plaques from a really long time back. I stopped being 'Most Amicable Personality' after the third grade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment